Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The market continues indoors! Bring stuff that can become Christmas gifts!

With the weather getting a bit nippy, we have moved indoors to the Clubhouse again. If all goes well, and the volunteer commitment remains steady, we intend to continue through the winter.

When the hockey season starts it will affect the physical size of our market (December to April markets), so keep that in mind when you are trying to decide what kind of carrier to bring with you. Too many shopping carts can clog up a small area. We hope that only people with physical challenges will bring carts, and that the rest with suffice with backpacks or shopping bags.

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across this RRFM while looking up what will be right around me when I move, and I LOVE the idea! I've never heard of it before, at least not without a trade/barter aspect, and am excited to attend. I'd like to possibly volunteer as well, since I'll only be working part time to start. I'll be living about a 10 minute walk away, so it's easily accessible for me. I can't wait to attend and see everyone there! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anna,
    Apologies for the late response to your offer to volunteer. Welcome to the neighbourhood, and I am glad you made it to the market! Please let us know if you would still like to help. Our next market is on January 7th, and we also have organizing tasks that are not on the market day. You are welcome to help us with either aspect. We would love to hear from you, and if you write to rrfmarket@gmail.com, we promise to respond promptly!

    ReplyDelete